Tuesday 21 April 2009

My World no 7

Another town I’m getting in love with is Limoux. The town is also located in Languedoc-Roussillon and in the department Aude, just like La Pène and 25 min away.
When I take the road over the “sunrise ridge”, I get to Alaigne and further to Limoux, one of many medieval towns in France. These pictures from Limoux you will not find in the tourist brochures. Nowadays it’s so easy to google all the official and touristic information you need. The daily life is different. So, take a little walk with me.
I usually park outside the town centre and walk in. When I’m going in from a side that is new to me, I take pictures so it is easy to come back out again the same way. It is many small Citroëns so loosing my car wouldn’t be difficult.
Fra Limoux
I think I will recognize these buildings on my way back
Fra Limoux
This is the centre square and were the weekly market on Fridays take place.
It’s cafés around the square, so when you want a coffee it’s ok to take the dog with you in when it’s cold.
Fra Limoux
The church in Limoux is from the same period and architecture as the church in Mirepoix
Behind the church is the river Aude. When we cross the bridge we find another part of Limoux. Even more pittoresque and not quite so busy.
Here is a little paradis to explore along the shore of Aude
Here is the view of the backside of the church also very impressive and beautiiful
Not everyone take a no for a no.
Boule is one of the national games in France. Every boy between 1 – 100+  plays that. Every town or place with self respect  has a field for Boule
Presentation is important
Fra Limoux
Leclerc is a chain of superstores, but to me they are not just any supermarket, they are so typically charming French. They are modern too, they don’t close their storers in “Midi” from 12:00 to 14:00
If you park your car under the Syrah sign it’s easily located when you come back
or the Sauvignon
This picture is from within the supermarket, to us Norwegians it’s kind of special to find bottles like this at the same place as food. It’s many an excellent meal at Maison Tranquille that starts at Leclerc in Limoux.
Please check the tourist information for more famous information, and enjoy the rest of the world here: mwtblack

14 comments:

Guy D said...

All are great shots, thanks for the tour.

Have a great week!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

ewok1993 said...

It looks like a fascinating town. Thanks for the tour.

Erin said...

i enjoyed my tour of the little town...quite nice it is and reminds me of some towns in italy. lovely and modern market...
thanks for sharing

SandyCarlson said...

Looks like a wonderful place to love!

Kathiesbirds said...

All good photos. What a place! Thanks for showing it to us.

Titania said...

I really enjoyed my tour with you through this beautiful township of Limoux. It is great to see places which are not overrun by tourists. I also enjoy that you show everyday life. Here, Alcohol is not sold in supermarkets. Alcohol is available in bottle shops!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Beautiful photos, great angles.
Visit That’s My World Tuesday

kayleen said...

Thanks for taking us along on your tour. Beautiful town and beautiful photos. I like that they allow dogs in the restaurant!

Nebraska Birding

Sylvia K said...

I love the all your photos! what a delightful place! would love to see it for myself! Thanks for the tour! Delightful!

Jenn Jilks said...

Marvellous!

Indrani said...

You seem to be living amidst beautiful surroundings. Lovely shots!

mountain.mama said...

Very interesting post, it makes me want to visit France.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Sorry to ignore the fabulous shots but I couldn't help noticing the blue and red bag. Those bags must be everywhere on earth!

Arija said...

A charming town with aneasy pace of llife and architectural styles from gothis right through to modern. The river is so relaxing and playing boule. Very nice post.