Monday 8 June 2009

My World no 13

It's a lot of things happening, so I'll just show you a group of Australian White Ibis taking of from a patch of "soak" land and the Railway station in Port Germein.
Fra June - Port Germein
Fra June - Port Germein
Here is The Ghan, that has just been in the media all over the world. This pictures are taken by my sister in law, Denise, in 2004. That was the very first time The Gahn could drive all the way up to Darwin from Adelaide and not just to Alice Springs. Of course there was a lot of people from town watching while the train was waiting on the side line at Port Germein station.
Fra Australia - Port Germein
Fra Australia - Port Germein
And then, today, we visited the train station to see the place.
Fra June - Port Germein

This was my little contribution from my world to you this week, don’t miss out on the rest of the world here! mwtblack

15 comments:

Oz Girl said...

I am really enjoying your photos from Port Germein. The ibis are beautiful and The Ghan is amazing!

I love the look and feel of the landscapes there.

Esther Garvi said...

Beautiful Ibiz!! We just had the storks arrive over here, which means that rainy season is on its way!

Warm greetings from Africa!
Esther

Guy D said...

Great selection of photos, the first one of the train is my favourite.

Have a fantastic week
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Babooshka said...

Those ibis are magnificent. Beautiful photography as always.

Wolynski said...

A nice, modern train station with all the amenities. Love the geese photos.

Deslilas said...

Very attractive landscapes and ibis.
Thanks.
Why is Australia so far from France ?

nathalie in avignon said...

Just discovering your blog and of course I'm falling in love with your Australian landscapes and wildlife.
Thanks for your beautiful photos!

I've tried to find out if South Australia is your permanent residence or not, it's not really clear from your reading your blog.

Canarybird said...

Beautiful photographs of your part of the world. I would love to visit Australia one day!

Arija said...

Lovely Ibis shots, great to see them in such numbers.
Nice shots of the Ghan as well, it is nice to see the familiar.

Gaelyn said...

Great captures of the Ibis. Love the train station.

Elisabeth's bright side said...

Thanks for all comments, it's nice to share my visions and get so much positive respons. I'll try to briefly answer the questions I got in the last posts.

Yes I now live in France. My heart and mind feel at home in La Pène. Port Germein, I'm just visiting to be close to my near family for a few months. Read more in My World no 12 if you want. Port Germein is a charming little town, but the contrast between the to places are breathtaking and they are sadly "two nights and a day" apart.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful ibiz. The shot of the birds in flight is really good.

Regina said...

Such a beautiful world out there. Nice shots.

绿禾 said...

Wow!I am from Singapore,nice to meet you! Very nice photos!

绿禾 said...

Wow!Nice to meet you!Very nice photos!